Friday, October 5, 2012

Gangnam Style Trumps Swag


Remember all those crappy swag pics out there?









Yes. Those are the memes and adverts that annoy me yet make me want to click on links to see if they've been lynched yet.  *Eye twitch!*

So don't associate Gangnam Style with swag.  It feels like Gangnam Style gets sullied being associated with the word.  It's like YOLO.  Just as mindless and annoying.  At least Gangnam Style is just plain silly and cartoon like.  Because that's what PSY is.  He's like a cartoon character.  Have you seen all the awesome cover art he has?  I some of his stage performances, you can even see caricatures of PSY as Superman, a Mermaid, or even a romantic Fabio type.









PSY doesn't take himself seriously.  Gangnam Style doesn't even take itself seriously.

Here's the way I look at it:  Posers use "swag" like it's the new age "je ne sais quoi." but are too lazy to say it.  Some kind of intangible coolness that only they can purchase with their allowance and no one else can.  They also use "YOLO" as an excuse to do stupid things that may get them killed.  "Man, I got so much swag drinking my greygoose and driving really fast.  #YOLO"  I don't think I'm the only one hoping that survival of the fittest kicks in.

Remember: Gangnam Style beats swag everyday.



5 comments:

  1. Biggest sore loser = You

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Did you steal that too? My tracker says that came from some knock off artists Gangnam Style site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mean the ONLY Gangnam Style costume site you're not showcasing here that's been ripping off your blog? I was wondering about that too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well he does have to get his marketing ideas from somewhere. If it wasn't for me, he wouldn't have sold a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL. So much for his site having, "Swag" It says a lot about his class if he's posting comments like that.

    ReplyDelete